Principles of A-Team Work
- All team work and outcomes must be designed to achieve Rockford Public Schools' strategic plan and goals. (Teams determine HOW, not WHAT, to accomplish.)
- All teams will adhere to and apply the Alignment Rockford leadership values, which are:
- We work with a spirit of unity.
- Our relationships are based on trust.
- Our focus is on our children's needs.
- We promote life-long learning.
- All teams will adhere to the defined team process and structure.
- The team process is a collaborative process which seeks, listens to, and values diverse viewpoints.
- The team process must actively engage community individuals and organizations that bring resources to achieve results.
- Agendas of individuals and organizations are left at the door.
- All teams will design pilot projects based on data and community research to achieve specific, measurable results.
- All teams are accountable to the Alignment Rockford Operating Board.
- All team meetings, processes and outcomes will be open and transparent.
- All teams will celebrate successes.
Are you interested in helping the Rockford Public Schools? Alignment Rockford strategically aligns community resources to RPS205 and we need you!
Get Social with Us!
Get the latest Alignment updates!
Alignment Rockford: Building a System of Change
Alignment Rockford's strategy for success is built on the following elements.
Alignment Rockford envisions all students graduating from high school with marketable employment skills or enrolling in post-secondary education. They are eager to live, work, learn, create, and play in the Rockford Region as contributing adults.
Alignment Rockford's mission is to align community resources in support of public school strategies to raise student achievement, improve the health and happiness of our children, and advance the economic and social well-being of our community.
Collective impact is a centralized infrastructure, a dedicated staff, and a structured process that leads to a common agenda, shared measurement, continuous communication and mutually reinforcing activities among all participants.
- Enable children to succeed
- Align with the school district's strategic priorities
- Design solutions focusing on high-yield challenges
- Solve complex problems
- Work of serving public schools is generational
All Alignment teams form in response to a request made by RPS205. All teams are chaired by a school district administrator and vice chaired by a community leader. Each team follows the same process cycle, and each phase is comprised of multiple steps.