New deadline: February 13
Sophomore Site Visits ITP™
The Alignment Rockford Pathways A-Team is inviting local businesses and civic and community organizations to host a site visit for sophomore students. In small groups, students will visit a local company related to their academy in order to explore their career interests. This is a new benchmark for College and Career Readiness.
Rockford Public Schools has redesigned its high schools into the College and Career Academies of Rockford. All students are pursuing a pathway in one of the career-themed academies:
- BAMIT (Business, Arts, Modern World Languages, and Information Technology)
- EMITT (Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial and Trades Technology)
- HPS (Human and Public Services)
- HS (Health Sciences)
- Renaissance Gifted
- CAPA (Creative and Performing Arts)
Students will visit businesses aligned with their selected pathway or academy for a 90-minute overview of the facility and career opportunities. Students will be interested in learning about a "day in the life" of your professionals, including:
- your work environment
- how your company solves problems
- Q&A with company professionals
Talking points with students may include such topics as:
- products and services
- jobs available
- what you like and don't like about your job
- preparation, training, educational requirements
- Businesses will host a group or groups of 10th grade students for 90 minutes on March 24, 25, and/or 26, 2015.
- Selected businesses will be notified by Feb. 20, 2015.
- A representative from each selected business should attend a collaboration planning meeting at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at the Rockford Public Schools administration building, 501 7th Street, in the 3rd floor Board room.
- Hosting businesses and participating students will be surveyed at the conclusion of the visits to determine efficacy.
Needed Information from Community Service Providers
- What does your business do? List the careers students will experience.
- Which time slot(s) do you prefer? (Check all that apply; Ctrl-click to select multiple times)
- How many students can you accommodate in a given session?
- Which day(s) do you prefer? (Check all that apply; Ctrl-click to select multiple dates)
- Who from your company will attend the collaboration meeting at noon on March 3?
- Please describe any screening requirements for the visiting students (bring ID, apparel, immunizations, etc.