Ready, Set, Kindergarten! ITP™
Alignment Rockford Healthy Starts Team is seeking organizations which are willing to promote the importance of Kindergarten readiness by distributing/displaying prepared materials.
The Healthy Starts team has developed community-wide messaging for all families with students going into Kindergarten. The materials include suggestions for social and emotional development; physical development and health; numeracy; and literacy.
The Ready Set Kindergarten! materials to ensure that parents have a common understanding of the skills children need to be successful in kindergarten.
A kick-off meeting will be held on Feb. 23, 2015, and this is an ongoing effort. During the kick-off meeting, materials will be distributed to attendees, and attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and share ideas.
A-Team Vision: The vision of the Alignment Rockford Healthy Starts team isto equip families of children ages 0-5 with the tools needed to excel in school.
Services Needed from the Community:
- Place the provided brochures and posters in a waiting area or employee break room
- Include the information in your company newsletter (digital information provided)
- Include the provided information in your church bulletin
- Have brochures available for interested families to pick up
- Display the information on your digital billboard or monitor
- Promote the information on your social media sites
- Provide brochures to patients or clients with young children
- Sponsor or donate printing services
- Other methods to build community awareness are welcome!